Saturday 19 March 2016

Some of the smaller stuff around us

Greetings from the Zambezi Valley,

So as the title implies it is time for a quick photo essay of some of the smaller things around us. We are some 16 days into our stay here and believe me, this is a tiny sample of the small life. Regrettably, as the camp books are all still packed away deep in the store, I have not been able to identify many of these critters, so any comment as to the unknowns will be most welcome...


 A beautiful marbled moth


 A Cape Wolf Snake, who sadly lost his head in a building accident, not, I am assured, killed intentionally.


 A green beetle, possibly a Picasso beetle, anyone able to confirm?


A sudden rush on scorpions one morning, both Karen and I having the delightful experience of each having one fall on us from different door frames!


 One of the Long-horn beetle family me thinks.


 A wasp, so long ago seen, I forget which one..


Another wasp, if I ever see another Potter wasp again, it will be too soon! 









One of said wasps family members 
securing a caterpillar in the pot for the
larva to eat alive before emerging.













A millipede, species specific, I do not know, sorry no size comparison, my bad.


Some really beautiful fungi, many more of these to be seen in the near future.


A Brown House Snake, found in the bathroom.

And that is it for now, we will do another one of these as the photo library fills up.
Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment